Week 12 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone and welcome to week twelve of this semester’s internship. This week our internship group met Thursday morning in preparations for the upcoming research colloquium. This week I want to discuss about this new preparation and other internship and school stuff along with the importance of having hobbies outside the “office” to continue high productivity.

It is my unfortunate dilemma that I will not be able to be with my team and present with them on the seventeenth of November especially being the first to present. However, although my presence won’t be they’re via zoom, I will however provide everything required and help my team to give an amazing presentation to gain more support for our project. The idea of this research colloquium is to provide our work and findings to a greater audience outside of ourselves. My presentation will be going over the battle itself, providing pictures and images of the generals at the battle and the man that thought of doing the operation in the first place, along with their statements of the battle that can be read today. I need to remember that in making this Power Point for the audience to be as simple as possible, a clear understanding of what occurred and why we are doing this project. I will also only have four to seven minutes approximately to do my slideshow, so time is “not” on my side, and I can’t just go deep into the battle. I am going to make one or two Power Points with two themes, one covering the battle and the other that focuses more on why we want a Union memorial to be erected on the battlefield of Olustee. I am quite nervous mainly because I won’t be there, and a recording will be played of me talking about my part of the project but also I know I did a good job and I hope it shows via this colloquium.

This worry has left me in such a state that usually I can just get through an assignment that is big and scary and do good, but this is bigger than ordinary classes, it’s about Dr. Gannon and my team being rewarded by giving the fallen and forgotten US soldiers of the Battle of Olustee. I have required time to recalibrate and recenter myself throughout this week. Going and bowling and walking is greatly important to allow myself to get fresh air and exercise to rejuvenate for the final push.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 13 Internship Blog