Week 8 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone, Patrick Callaghan here for another week of my internship and another blog along with it. I hope everyone is having great and successful week. Personally, I have finished two out three “midterm” assignments and begin looking to the end of course papers due. This week Dr. Gannon came back from her conference in the United Kingdom and has given me some interesting things to work on.

This week I was asked how I may create a ten-minute presentation for The Battle of Olustee at a research seminar. Personally I have not seen many research seminars in person or via the internet, especially when it comes to history so I started looking for some that would inspire me and possibly spark some great ideas. Which it has and has not. Although these examples I watch are very descriptive and great to watch, they are all over an hour long. One thing I have learned is that in presentations the flow and rhythm is very important, and it changes with how long a presentation is, what it is about and who the audience is. It has also helped that I have found some videos via the internet that show good presentation practices that include what should be on a slide, how much should be on a slide and more. I have only just been compiling ideas and have just begun an outline of a possible Power Point. I have also thought about the script of it as well, obviously I want to work on what will be on the presentation first, but I am thinking about it.

Along with this work I have also finished, or begun if you will, a topic for one of my classes’ final papers. I love learning about modern military technology, battles, and wars that shape the landscape and have recently been interested in how politics and economic changes, but this Dead Sea Scroll class is incredibly interesting. I have found myself digging into these mysteries and stories that not only built the modern day but have also changed the world and still remain unknown. This class not only covers the innovation but the battles and wars that engulfs Jerusalem and groups outside.

This week has been great for learning and working on the internship and classes. I hope both continue to have good weeks and continue to provide great insight and learning for the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 13 Internship Blog