Week 15 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone and welcome to week fifteen and the final blog post that comes along with it. Talk about a semester, through the ups and downs of school and life, it is truly crazy how fast these semesters pass us bye. This will be the final blog post of the semester, although I would usually say I wish it wasn’t, this time I have worked long hours to get bye through this semester for my classes and I am whooped. This week has been packed full of studying for finals and working on projects to round out my classes and show the culmination of what I learned throughout the entire semester. In this blog post I am going to talk about what this experience meant for me and what I learned. I will then round out this blog post with what I can see in my near future and my goals moving forward.

As everyone should know, an internship is extremely useful for many aspects of your journey. The ability to meet new people and work with possible colleagues in the future under a great supervisor like Dr. Gannon. This internship has given me an accessible window to many skills and opportunities to use them for this project as well as in the future. My teammates were great to talk to when we did, and to learn the different aspects of what they were working on was very interesting. Diana especially out of the group I worked with the most with me sending her my research of the battle and the summary of it for our website. I truly can’t wait to see this project come to its fruition and achieve its goal to give these fallen Union soldiers a deserved memorial.

As for the future, I will be moving on from this project to join a different project and contribute to their goals. I have also decided to start writing a historical fiction book about World War 2, but I can’t say yet what it will be about as it is still in the infinite stages. I intend to work on this book for a while as I have never written a book before and would also like to look into the prospective of becoming a professor. This path would ultimately require a higher degree than just an undergraduate and so I need to prepare to get my masters and possibly even my Doctorate degrees.

I feel like I am moving down the right path and look to continue bringing more to what I can offer every day. Thank you Dr. French, Dr. Gannon, and my team. Thank you Tiffany for helping in my presentation. Thank you for the opportunity and I wish all well in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 13 Internship Blog