Week 3 Internship Blog

 

Hello all and welcome to my blog again. This is week number three of the semester and subsequently the third week of my internship. This week our meeting consisted of going over everything that we have done so far and what the future plans are for the project. We also talked about time frames as well and as of right now we seem to have a schedule we are in line with and plan on presenting our project in November.

               During our meeting we discussed the battle summary that I have had, the sources that I posted to our Google Drive folder, and the “draft” story boards I completed. Right now I have been tasked to clean up all of the these that will be possibly displayed on the website. The main part is the flow and feel of the summary. I have mentioned this multiple times, but it is important that I write actively as it is trying to grasp the attention from the readers especially if the goal is to place a monument at the battle site for the Union soldiers. As for the story boards, some polish is required. I may add more text and more animation to it as well and maybe we can create an animated map or something cool like that. We are ready to bring this issue to light and we are prepared to push it until it is completed.

               Outside of the project however we discussed possible opportunities like the Honors in the Major I believe it is called. It was described as a three semester “project” consisting of research and a fifty plus page research paper based on a very narrow topic of history that I enjoy. Although I am running low on semesters it is definitely something I am looking at doing. This has also started to make me think about the possibilities of going for a Major as well. Right now I am pretty swamped with the ideas of possible paths I could take. I honestly never saw myself making these decisions a couple of years ago but here we are. Along with this is also the possibilities of taking classes that are based on Analytics or of similar material due to the jobs in the future I may want to do. All in all there is a bunch of new and interesting information flying at me right now and I hope that at least one will be viable to my future.

               Other than the project and my future I have taking classes this semester about a wide variety of topics, my favorite being about the Third Reich in Germany and how they came to be and shape the years before World War 2. Along with that I am also taking two classes that are of the area of the Middle East. Covering ancient civilizations and the Dead Sea Scrolls are incredibly intriguing. All are great classes so far. That is about it for this week as far as education and internships go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog