Week 11 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone and welcome to week eleven of my internship and the blog post for the corresponding week. As the new week comes to an end, the work has been similar to the previous weeks. New elements of the final part of the semester are presenting themselves within each class I am taking ranging from the final papers and tests and other assignments.

Although last week was quite stressful, this week was much less affected by outside factors. This week I wanted to discuss my civic responsibility and professional development. As a history major, internally I feel like my goal as a historian goes beyond learning exactly what happened in the past alone. To create viable sources for others to learn the past, uncovering buried and forgotten treasures like artifacts, buildings and even cities and towns. To not do these things is to forget the basics and fundamentals of any craft or sport, it is vital so keep the past alive no matter how volatile, war torn, brutal. The civil responsibility for myself I feel is to not only provide an event or place and all the history that occurred there but to use different means to do so. In my opinion a video can be greater than a book based on its utilization of the visual sense. In my opinion, the job of a movie, video or game is to plant the seed in the minds of those who watch; to learn more about the subject matter that it is based upon.

               Because of this idea, I have been slowly learning how to do more with the technology that I have around me. Although it is quite rough, I have been trying videos and other things that could allow me to provide more in future endeavors. I have also used Power Point more than ever in these past semesters because of this internship and have regained most of the knowledge I had when I took my certification in Highschool. Most of all are my writing skills. Writing historical fiction and Science Fiction short stories throughout these semesters have enhanced my skills at writing both essays and papers. This has all been a great help to my professional development when it comes to work.

               As of right now my schedule is busy, from preparing for finals and still working on internship work, I have a lot on my plate, but I have a schedule and a focused mindset to tackle the work head on with the best of my ability.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 13 Internship Blog