Week 9 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone and welcome to this week’s blog post. Unfortunately not much new has come up surrounding the work of my internship. This week I have been studying for a Midterm and looking for possible internships in the future.

For my internship, we have a research colloquium on the 17th of November where our team will be presenting our research findings via zoom. However, it is unfortunately on a day I am unavailable for this event due to family things, but I will still be able to present non the less. I have a couple more slides I need to finish, and I will record my presentation before the actual event. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as if I was there. But like I said I have a couple more slides and it should go for approximately 10 minutes of simple slides that provides the information about the battle part of The Battle of Olustee.

Although I am working on school stuff and internship stuff, something new that has been prevalent is the search for a new internship during the summer. I believe that I may become a teacher in the future, at least before pursuing more education to possibly become a professor. Although it was not my first choice it seems to be the most obvious path to take. I have been thinking of going to a possible field school for the summer for anthropology and archeology, two specific ones being the Kerkenes Project which I have decided not to do and also an archeology field school in the Caribbean under Dr. Sinelli. I love to travel and archeology, but I think if my goal is to teach then I should get experience in teaching. My goal is to teach in High School, I am absolutely not a fan of teaching kids below the high school level based on what my friends have said and obvious past experience of being in middle school and elementary school.

This week has been quite the interesting one in terms of not being so interesting I guess one could say. As mentioned above, the internship Power Point for the research colloquium is almost done and I intend on looking for volunteer positions that give me experience in the world of teaching. So all in all I have plenty to do in the following weeks and I believe class selection for spring is coming up as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 13 Internship Blog