Week 6 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone, Patrick Callaghan here again for another week of blog posts. Rounding out the approximate middle of the semester is week number 6. Unfortunately due to Dr. Gannon finishing some work for her upcoming conference we were unable to meet this week and discuss the current progress of our roles and with a project due for me this week I did not have much time to focus on the Olustee project. From my Timeline project however, I did learn and try some new things for it that I can possibly use in the future. This week I tried to do a little writing in the spare time I did have, and I think it is really useful.

This week was mostly focused on my timeline project for my Ancient Near Eastern class. This projected required a timeline and an essay. Instead of making a Microsoft word document for the timeline I decided to use PowerPoint to make it more professional in appearance. In finishing the timeline with PowerPoint it has actually made me think about extending the knowledge, past the one class of high school for certification in Word and PowerPoint, to encompass more aspects and projects in the future. It has many great features and can create great visual finished products and in my opinion much better than Word. I have also heard and seen that many employments that could be in my future use PowerPoint to show information either through zoom, meetings or something like Google Docs or Microsoft Teams to show information visually. But although I have found interest in PowerPoint, I have been trying to better my writing as well.

During this week I have been attempting a new way to practice writing without diving deep into a long essay or storytelling. I have always been a fan of comics and I thought that writing an intriguing story idea in at most two paragraphs long. The idea behind this is to make a topic and surrounding points that create a, at least to me something enticing that I would want to continue. These small “stories” are not just based on history but also fictional stuff as well to give a variety to what I am writing about. My favorite thing to write about is fictional history, especially when writing about or creating aspects that may change history or fill in for a mystery.

This is what I have been doing this week and will most likely continue it into the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog