Week 4 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone for another week of the fall semester and this blog post will conclude the fourth consecutive week of my internship. This week was the most difficult in terms of workload for not only classes but also the Olustee project, although not heavy in work itself it added to the stresses and load in total. This week I am going to go into why this week was rough and as well as the skills I look to enhance and better understand throughout this internship.

What a week it has been. Although I would be lying if I said this was the first time I stayed up for multiple days in an attempt to complete my work. This was for sure the first time that the perfect storm of a lot of reading and studying came with mistiming and time mismanaging. This has been a skill that I have worked on for a while and continue to have my ups and downs. This started with my misunderstanding of how many chapters I had to read along with the long sources I needed to read for my other class. I read what I thought I needed to and when I attended class on campus was informed of the mistake I made. This would then lead to a complete dismantling of my schedule and the clock was not in my favor. Against all odds I was able to figure it out and get through all of my assignments and quizzes due with good grades. This was the first time that I have had to deal with this kind of pressure, and it was unforgiving, but a great learning experience. One, being to not fully know what is required before scheduling and second is knowing the extent of how overloaded I can be and still finish with a above average grade.

As I’m pretty sure I have said before, but this is an incredible example of time management as a skill to be better at. After what was supposed to be a normal week was turned on its head, I have found that over anything else this is a skill that is worked on throughout your entire life. Along with this is the polishing of storyboards. Although I am not extremely experienced with them I have a hard time polishing something meant to be “rough”. I understand the idea of polishing it up but to what extent, the idea of a story board is in my opinion, a simple description of the events one is trying to project or explain. What is over explaining and over polishing when it comes to something meant to be simple? Questions I have found to be directly connected to the people who are in charge of course but will differ from project to project.

Even through a horribly messed up week I think I can take away some great experience and confidence for the future and continue to learn more and more about what the future holds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog