Week 2 Internship Blog

 

               Hello everyone, this is Patrick Callaghan posting my second blog post on the second week of my internship. This week I wanted to talk about my experience of living on my own and going through the first and second week of classes alone. Although not stressful or pressuring on paper, it is definitely a change of scenery and responsibilities in a complete sense, relying on myself for everything and not over or under doing anything. All in all the experience of such a change is good but takes getting used to.

               I think I mentioned this last blog post, but one change is not having events going on through my family to get up and leave the room and desk to get fresh air and take time away from the screens and work. I have noticed that I am someone who, probably like others, work like a snowball rolling down a snowy mountain. It takes momentum and some time before I get going on big projects like papers but once it is moving the work gets done faster and faster. I have learned that sometimes to finish work faster I would ramble and if this occurs while doing the snowball effect, it can get out of hand. This is why stepping away and looking over the work I have completed is important and need to be conscious of doing it more often.

               Another aspect that this “snowball effect” shows its face is when focusing on multiple classes. This comes into play especially with me doing readings for multiple class require a lot of reading it is quite difficult to read everything if there is not a schedule I use. This is the first semester that I have multiple classes that require reading chapters each week and I use a schedule to help switch on and off of each reading I need to do. What makes the snowball effect so threatening is the interesting aspects of the courses keeping you looked into the readings wanting to learn more.

               This has been my experience so far this semester. Not to mention the first University of Central Florida football game and having it end the way that it did was crazy. The amount of people that talked to me randomly about the Boise game was very surprising. Definitely the first time I have ever experienced something like that. At this point I am planning on finishing the sources for the Olustee Project on the battle itself and look to see if any changes are needed to be made in the draft itself. Actually, it would be cool to go to the actual cite now that I am actually in Orlando and see what is there with my own eyes. I also cannot wait to see the way the final website for the project of the Battle of Olustee that will be done soon. Other than that, there is not that much else for this week. Thank you for reading this and have a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog