Week 12 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone, Patrick Callaghan here posting the last blog of my summer semester internship for week number 12. What an experience this has been. All the weekly meetings and weekly classes have all been a blast to attend and learn from. However, as this first internship ends a new begins for me as I have decided to continue on during the fall semester with Dr. Gannon to complete our goal.

But as it is the last week I see fit to reflect on such an interesting and grand experience. I found the final presentation was a great way to glance back to week 1 and every week leading up to this week. My one regret through this entire internship was not being able to go see the battleground with my team or by myself. As someone that really enjoys going to memorials local, national, and international. Even if this site was not up to par in the respect it is given by the locals, it allows us to see history and respect the soldiers that fought and fell. With not being able to go I think it could have made our presentation just that much better if we gave visual examples of how the site looks.

Perhaps such a trip may still be in my future though, for even if it is the last week of the summer semester internship, it is my first week living by myself in Orlando. My timing could not get much worse with scheduling it the weekend of the presentation, but it worked out. I never realized, even after moving before how much moving sucks. Not just forgetting little things but also trying to learn a whole new area without anyone else. A daunting task for sure and funny enough I’m assuming I will not fully grasp it until after I graduate and move again.

With the move it has not only brought to mind the current struggles but also the challenges of my internship. In my presentation the main challenge was working from home. Another challenge that I left off that another intern mentioned was keeping these blog’s fresh and interesting every week. I’m sure Dr. French has read plenty of my struggles with the power outages and more. Although the power outages were a struggle something else comes to mind as a struggle that ties into the previous. Allowing time to leave my desk and go outside and doing something active. I enjoy playing video games and it is one of the ways I stay in contact with family and friends, but to many times did I stay in my room for far to long with the work from the internship and gaming. I believe that I will focus on allowing myself time everyday no matter what to get away from the screens.

All in all I want to thank Dr. French and Dr. Gannon for the opportunity to help in their projects now and in the future. Along with my team as well. Hopefully everything will turn to normal, and we deal with COVID so classes can go back on campus, and everything goes back to the way they were.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog