Patrick's Week 9 Internship Blog

 

Hello everyone, update on week number nine is here and this week was a little different from the normal ones having meetings more one on one to talk about what we were doing and how it was going. Progress is going smoothly on all fronts as I begin to fact check and prepare multiple versions of drafts that will go into the summary of the battle. As mentioned last week the progress of reestablishing and recognizing the faults of my writing being non-active has been a main objective through this week as well.

               One way I am practicing being more active is using more complex words in place of words like went and going. Synonyms are just one part of the process, but it forces you to search for new words and adjust the sentence properly to work in a way to make sense. Not only this, but it also allows the opportunity to learn words. No one likes to read the same words over and over so having a grand and diverse vocabulary allows you to create work that takes longer to get boring and relies on the information you are writing. I have even used this in some of my theories and ideas about everything going on in the world today. The situation in Haiti with their president being assassinated and the horrible military coup in Myanmar is quite chilling. I try and write about the situations going on in the world and attempt to create something that I can read multiple times. Attempting to switch up the themes of said modern day issues is another way I try and write as well. By changing the story and trying to create something off of it helps me write better. Variability is great and seeing the different words that are used to present ideas whether they are happy, sad, or neutral allows you to look for new words to create them.

               All in all this has been a week of mostly the same work and practice from last, all be it more based on today’s events. However, I do see the progress of what I learn is just near the beginning of this opportunity. This week coming up I will find multiple different battle summaries from other battles that are more notable that I can perhaps use as inspiration for how to format mine. With this I think the story boards I have made to help me organize and pinpoint as best as possible the timeline will become a great asset while working on the drafts and the final version. Apart from all the writing and storyboards I have found a weak spot in myself this week and that is researching broad topics. I believe I am good at researching something pinpoint or focused but when it comes to broad topics that do not have a specific point to look at I find that I can improve, and I do believe this internship is helping me find the flaws so that I can work on them to become a better academic and Historian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog