Week 6 Internship Blog

 

Hello, Patrick Callaghan here posting about internship week number six. It is actually crazy to think how long it has been, being that this is the halfway mark already. Perhaps staying more indoors throughout this long Covid-19 year and to think it could last longer and get worse with different variants popping up elsewhere in the world. I just hope more and more people get vaccinated as quickly as possible. Although it may be gloomy, it has just given me more opportunities to learn, research, write and try new things I have not thought of doing before.

               One of these parts of our Olustee project is the map. I have just about completed the basic script for the battle overview and plan on making my first story board for the events soon. So, in my free time I have been looking at how I was going to make this map. Being that I have not made a map or done anything that deals with aftereffects on an image before. A challenge I have accepted in taking and actually really enjoy researching about. It seems that many of the documentaries that have flags over a map of a city or showing the travel of an object with a line that moves is made in Adobe After Effects. After watching the videos of how it works, the number of ideas that just flew through my mind were great and numerous, but I wondered if I can actually do it and will it end up being much less interesting than I was thinking.

               One of the amazing utilities used by many of these videos and documentaries is something called Google Earth Studio. I think everyone knows of Google Earth and how you can look up specific places in the world and see them with very good quality or what I like to do is randomly pick a spot on the globe and zoom in as far as I can to see if there was an unknown town or temple. This is almost exactly the same, but it allows you to do things like camera movements that you can edit the zoom in and out to give a cinematic like pan of the area that you are talking about. After completing everything in Google Earth Studio you can take it into Adobe or something else similar and begin making a video that is a more interesting than something still with no effects. I believe I can actually do this because Olustee has not greatly increased in size and or has not built up as a city. It is still surrounded by woods with the railroad still there so I should be able to use the current day version to show where the battle occurred and what happened.

               Many of the things I have thought of I am writing down to present to the rest of the team to discuss and see if more ideas could be shared from different perspectives. Along with that, I have never done a story board before so I plan on presenting it to my team as well to see if there are any changes I should make or if they know of anything more I need to add. All in all it will be a very good week with many of my parts moving forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 Internship Blog

Week 15 Internship Blog

Week 12 Internship Blog